Information We Collect
When you sign up for a SimpleCertifiedMail.com account, you will be asked to provide certain information, such as your name, company name, address, email, and telephone number, as well as bank account information used for the payment of our transaction fees via electronic funds transfer (ACH). All of this information will be kept confidential and stored on secure servers.
While using the SimpleCertifiedMail.com service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. These logs may include information such as login and logout times, IP address, browser type, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify you.
When you input the names and addresses of your USPS Certified Mail® recipients on our website, that information is saved on our servers. In addition, when you communicate with our staff through the SimpleCertifiedMail.com website and/or service, that information is saved in order to process your inquiries and respond to your requests.
We offer some of our services in connection with business partners who link our services with their own. SimpleCertifiedMail.com cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website or service.
Protecting Your Data
We take every precaution to ensure the security of your data while using the SimpleCertifiedMail.com service. We use industry-standard firewalls, secure web servers (HTTPS), data encryption, and authentication procedures, among other techniques, to maintain the security of your data and your online session.
Using the Information
- We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our services, to respond to your inquiries about our services, and to offer you other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may use your personal information to create anonymous data records or aggregations of data, to perform statistical analyses, and for other purposes, by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you.
- We may use or disclose your information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe it is necessary, we will share your information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or the security of our network or services, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may transfer your information to a third party in connection with a sale or acquisition of SimpleCertifiedMail.com of all or substantially all of its assets, or in connection with a merger or corporate reorganization.
Do the addresses that SimpleCertifiedMail.com uses the create cover sheets and labels constitute PII?
Our Security and Compliance Officer has stated that since the address information retained by our service cannot be associated with other data elements retained in our service, the information is not considered PII. In addition, we have no visibility as to the content of the letters that are mailed using cover sheets or labels generated by our service. All we receive in order to generate the Certified or First Class Mail cover sheets and labels are the return and recipient addresses.
Any data you submit while using the SimpleCertifiedMail.com website or a SimpleCertifiedMail.com service belongs to you. If you ask us to delete your account, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to remove all of your data from our servers. Despite such removal efforts, portions of your data may remain on our production and backup servers indefinitely.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org