Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
The Personal Information we collect and how we use it depends on the context of your interactions with us. As explained below, we collect some of this Personal Information when you provide it directly to us, and in some cases, we receive Personal Information from third parties. We also collect certain information automatically when you interact with the Services.
Information You Provide Directly
We collect Personal Information that you choose to share with us when you use the Services, which may include the categories described below.
When you sign up for a SimpleCertifiedMail.com account, you will be asked to provide certain information, such as your name, company name, address, email, and telephone number, as well as bank account information used for the payment of our transaction fees via electronic funds transfer (ACH).
Other information you choose to share in connection with your request or inquiries.
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we collect some information automatically when you use the Services. The types of information that we collect automatically may include:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our Services, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Services which may include the URLs of the Services that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, the applications and features you use, when and how long you use those applications and features, and other usage statistics;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience with the Services, such as user identification information, saved preferences, and device identifiers or usage information for authentication and fraud prevention purposes; and
- Information about your approximate location, which we may derive from device information such as IP address.
Information We Obtain From Third Parties
We may also receive Personal Information from other third-party sources, including:
- The US Postal Service or our service providers; and
- Publicly available sources, such as business registries.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information that we collect or receive through the Services for the following purposes:
To fulfill your requests for our services, to respond to your inquiries about our services, and to offer you other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To operate and provide support for your use of the Services.
- To perform our agreements with Clients, including fulfilling orders and requests and processing payments.
- To administer, evaluate, and improve our business and the Services (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities).
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including due diligence and contracting activities).
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
For any other purpose that you may authorize or direct at the time we collect your Personal Information.
- To perform statistical analyses, and for other purposes, by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you.
- To store information about your preferences and customize your experience on the Services.
- To analyze usage trends and patterns and measure the effectiveness of the Services.
- To promote our products and services, including by sending you newsletters, special offers, and other information we think may be of interest to you.
How We Share Personal Information
To accomplish the purposes set out above, we may share your Personal Information with other parties that may include the following:
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf and under our direction;
- Other third parties as necessary to (a) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property; (b) protect the rights, interest and safety and security of the Services, our organization, or members of the public; (c) protect against fraud, and (d) investigate and prosecute users who engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or to others’ property;
- A buyer or other successor or organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding; and
- Such other parties, or for such other purposes, as you may authorize or direct when we collect your Personal Information.
Links to Other Websites and Services
Protecting Your Data
We use industry-standard firewalls, secure web servers (HTTPS), data encryption, and authentication procedures, among other techniques, to maintain the security of your data and your online session.
You may have certain choices when it comes to how We use your Personal Information and we want to provide you with information to make the choices that are right for you.
Mobile Devices. Your mobile device may offer settings relating to cookies, pixel tags, Flash cookies, and other similar technologies. We encourage you to visit your device’s help menu to learn about your options to limit tracking when using your device.
Email Marketing. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link from a marketing email we’ve previously sent you. If we or a third party acting on our behalf has sent you a promotional email, you may use the “unsubscribe” link or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please keep in mind that opting out of marketing emails may impact our ability to allow you access to certain offers, benefits and features. Please also note that even if you opt out of receiving certain marketing emails, that opt-out may not apply to other transactional or legal communications that you may continue to receive from us, such as customer service messages, messages about your account or transactions with us, notices about our policies and terms, and emails responding to your communications with us or requests for information that we receive from you.
Our Global Practices
We may process and store your Personal Information in the United States and in any other country where our service providers operate. By your use of the Services you acknowledge that we will maintain your Personal Information in jurisdictions which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and that your Personal Information may become accessible as permitted by law in those jurisdictions, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities.
How to Contact Us
Effective Date: July 12, 2021
Last Updated: September 13, 2023